WeatherXM is building the world’s largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM is backed by Consensys VC, Protocol Labs, SOSV HAX & DLAB and recently closed a new funding round with additional web3 VCs soon to be announced. Find out more in this short pitch video.
We are looking for a Full Stack jack-of-all-trades Software Engineer to join our dedicated cross-functional team. You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. You will be a key participant at this stage of our startup, gain experience in lean startup approaches in a constantly changing and growing environment, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the design and development of our existing web apps and APIs
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Prototype new features and entirely innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve existing software – you know, the usual fun!
- Write technical documentation – don’t worry, we’ll keep this at a minimum
- Proven experience as a Full Stack developer or similar role
- Good knowledge of at least one language: Java, Python, JS and at least one framework Spring, Node.js
- Familiarity with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
- Some dev ops experience, i.e. docker, linux and familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Familiarity with UI/UX design and attention to detail for customer facing interfaces
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Organizational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance
You get bonus points, if you have
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools (agile, git, jenkins)
- Knowledge of Data Science & ML Python frameworks (SciPy, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain, Solidity)
- Experience with software stacks (MEAN, LAMP/LEMP)
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Meaningful work with a great office environment & culture
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee