WeatherXM is building the world’s largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM’s vision is to act as a web3 weather oracle to be used by on-chain protocols that have to make decisions based on weather conditions.
WeatherXM is backed by ConsenSys VC, Protocol Labs, SOSV HAX & DLAB and recently closed a new funding round with additional web3 VCs soon to be announced. Find out more about our vision in this short pitch video.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to join our dedicated cross-functional team. You should be able to build, test and maintain web applications, as well as know your way around development and troubleshooting tools. If you have experience with web3 projects that’s super cool, if not you should have a strong desire to convert and we will help you! 🙂 We expect you to be a team player and have a desire to participate in a startup that is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Create user-friendly web pages
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Build and deploy user-friendly, highly secure, maintainable, high-performance scalable interfaces, and client-facing UI systems
- Use feedback from users to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive solutions
- And last but not least, write functional requirement documents and guides
- At least one year experience as a frontend developer
- Experience with testing and debugging
- Experience building web applications using Vue and React (with an understanding of React best practices, optimisations and profiling)
- Firm understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiar with the UX challenges of crypto
- Passion for user-friendly, high-performance scalable frontend interfaces
- Organisational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way
You get bonus points, if you have
- Experience working with Web3/Ether.js.
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo/REST
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Experience with financial/payment systems
- Understanding of DeFi / crypto financial primitives
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Meaningful work with a great office environment & culture
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee