WeatherXM is a community powered weather station network that rewards weather station owners and provides accurate weather services to web2 & web3 enterprises. Find out more in this short pitch video. Our investors include SOSV/HAX/DLAB, Consensys/Tachyon, Protocol Labs, Marathon VC and more.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our team. You should be a ‘people person’ able to introduce our project through social forms (mainly Discord) and ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage / participate in most community communications.
We expect you to be a team player and have a desire to participate in a startup which is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner, on our social channels: Discord, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Respond to emails sent through contact form, from our website
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns (such as AMA’s) to align with marketing strategies
- Ideally able to create engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts using raw material from rest of team
- Create and send creative campaigns and newsletters to customers and leads
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in online events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with blockchain technology trends
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Be able to identify the hot topics discussed in the community and identify the community vibe and pass that info to the team.
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent English writing skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for tech brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
Also useful to have
- Degree in Marketing & Communication or relevant field
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies
- Strong sense of humor, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way.
- Don’t check all of the boxes? No worries. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes we would be more than happy to review your application.
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Great office environment & culture
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee