WeatherXM is building the world’s largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM is backed by Consensys VC, Protocol Labs, SOSV HAX & DLAB and recently closed a new funding round with additional web3 VCs soon to be announced. Find out more in this short pitch video.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our dedicated cross-functional team. You should be comfortable with Web2 and ideally Web3 frameworks, developing for various software platforms, integrating and testing new software, as well as know your way around development and troubleshooting tools. We expect you to be a team player and have a desire to participate in a startup that is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the design and development of our existing web apps and APIs
- Design server-side architectures
- Prototype new features using various and exciting technologies
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve existing software – you know, the usual fun!
- Develop ideas for new products or features by monitoring industry standards and trends as technologies evolve
- Collaborate with other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codebase to enhance the user experience
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS and Python
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle, programming techniques and tools
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker, Linux and familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools
- Organisational skills, analytical mind, with ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance
- Team player with a strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way
You get bonus points, if you have
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Interest in Web3
- Agile development experience
- Knowledge of Data Science & ML Python frameworks (SciPy, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain, IPFS, Solidity)
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Meaningful work with a great office environment & culture
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee